- Drink a liter of green juice that you have made yourself, out of vegetables, that you unfortunately did not grow.
- Shower, immerse yourself in the smell of lush products. How could the scent of honey / citrus not make you feel slightly less miserable?
- Wear your best Sunday dress. Why wouldn’t you.
- Go out and get as caffeinated as your body can handle it, it is impossible to have coherently sad thoughts on caffeine.
- Take a walk through the park and enjoy the smell of lilies
- Buy yourself flowers, because no one else will.
- Make plans for the summer, make sure it involves a lot of summer festivals, parks and gigs.
- Make plans for after the summer, because you have to move, and not knowing where you’re going is stressing the crap out of you.
- E-mail your mom and dad and tell them how beautiful they look on the selfie they have texted you yesterday.
- Tell your best friend that everything will be okay and that you will always be there for her.
- Write your friends letters that you will post tomorrow.
- Try to find a cat on the street to pet, or if that fails, google photos of cats.
- Make cake, and if you can’t be bothered, just eat cake. any cake.
- Sing out loud, because you have the house to yourself.
- Practice Leonard Cohen songs on your purple ukulele while there is no one there to judge you.
- Read Fernardo Pessoa and smile because, well….a lot of other humans feel the way you feel, ain’t nothin’ unique about that, and that my friend is a very very beautiful, universal, human truth that should make you feel part of a collective whole and that should take you out of your own wrapped thoughts.
Sing some more.